In This College Football Preview Rob takes a look at the Top 15 teams in College Football and offers a Key seasonal stat for each team.
- Alabama– The National Champs will be solid again this year and look like they could be headed for another championship game. They return 8 starters to a defense that allowed under 20 points for a second straight year. On Offense they have 5* recruit Bryce Young who headlines the best recruiting class in the country. They play only 4 true road games and may very well be undefeated when they travel to Auburn in the season Finale. Key Stat: Alabama has covered 19 of 21 in the first of back to back road games and they will be in that Situation October 9th at Texas A@M.
- Clemson- The Tigers will try and lick their wounds from the nasty beat down a 49-29 loss as a 7 point favorite to Ohio. St. They bring back 9 starters on defense along with 5 on offense. They are a top 5 recruiting team. They replace #1 pick Trevor Lawrence with highly skilled D.J. Uiagalelei who was superb in his debut putting up 40 points at Notre Dame. Clemson over 2 dozen players with 2nd year experience and will be very solid in a deep ACC Conference. Key Stat: They are 1-9 to the spread vs Non conference teams off a win of 10 or more. Keep any eye out for this one on November 27th in South Carolina.
- Ohio. St.- The Buckeyes were riding high off a blowout win over Clemson and then were blown out 52-24 their worst bowl loos every by Alabama. This year they should bounce back with just 3 teams that were over .500 last year. They bring back 11 starters along with the nations 2nd best recruiting class. Replacing Justin Fields wont be easy. However it seems whoever they put back their becomes an overnight star. They have their 2 best wideouts back and an expected improvement on a defense that 400 yards and 26 points per game. Key Stat: Ohio St is 1-9 ats before Michigan on November 20th and will be walking into a Michigan St team with 40 point home loss revenge.
- Oklahoma- The Sooners are loaded with 15 starters and a top 10 recruiting class. They are favored to win the BIG 12 and are off a huge Blowout Bowl win over a Solid SEC Team in Florida. They will put up big numbers once again on offense with enigmatic Qb Spencer Rattler. They key for how far they go will be how well they play on the defensive side of the ball. Expect another Big 12 Championship for this Power house Program. Key Stat: Oklahoma is 11-0 to the spread before back to back games away from home. That Situation occurs on September 25th at home vs West Virginia.
- Notre Dame– The Fighting Irish have put up an impressive 10 or more wins for 4 straight years and have a top 10 recruiting class and 9 starters back from a team that lost by 17 to Alabama in the playoff last season. The Irish Flourished in the ACC Last year and are now back to their more traditional Schedule. They will have a tough stop unit but with just 3 guys back on offense and a New Qb, we really need to see how well they gel together. Key Stat: 6-2 ATS as a road favorite.
- Georgia- Kirby Smart has a lot to be excited about this year as he has the 4th best Recruiting class and 8 players back on offense. They are deep on both sides with most of their players getting into every game last year. Expect a big year from the Bulldogs despite a tough schedule that Included an opening game against Clemson. One thing is for sure. They will be one of the most explosive teams in the country. Kay Stat- Georgia is 14-0 to the spread as a favorite of 12 or less with revenge. Check Line on October 30th vs Florida.
- Texas A@M- The Aggies are coming off a powerful 9-1 year led by Jimbo Fisher who has 15 starters back and the 8th best Recruiting class. Most of their tough games are at home as they play just 4 true road games. They will feature a lock down defense that was a top 10 stop unit. They should be solid on offense as well. Look for a big run from this team. Key Stat: The Aggies are 7-0 to the spread as a non conference home favorite of 25 or less. Check the line on September 18th vs New Mexico.
- Cincinnati- The Bearcats have a nice balance of returning starters with 7 back on each side of the ball. They lost just once last year in the bowl game against Georgia, They improved by 8 points on offense and 4 on defense. They have a very manageable schedule and should be a force in the American Athletic Conference. For a Key Stat: Check the Line October2nd as the Bear Cats are 7-0 to the spread in the second of back to back road games and will likely be a dog in Notre Dame.
- Iowa St.- The Cyclones are their best season in over a decade with a 9-3 record and a Big Blowout Bowl win over Oregon. They have 20 starters back including Qb Brock Purdy who should put up tremendous numbers in the Big 12. Should Oklahoma falter the Cyclones will be right there. This will be an exciting season for those in Ames this year. Key Stat: . Iowa St has covered 7 of 8 with rest and they are in this spot October 16th at Kansas St.
- Florida- The Gators who had won 10 and 11 wins the prior 2 years slipped a bit at 8-4 last year. However, they are 12th ranked in recruiting and despite brining back just 9 starters should have a solid team and explosive offense as Qb Emory Jones finally gets his shot at the starters job now that Kyle Trask is gone. Florida should remain solid and get the defense which slipped to 31 points per game straightened out.. Key Stat: Florida is 0-5 to the spread as a dog vs a team with revenge. Watch the line on October 30th when they take on Georgia who they beat by 16 last year.
- North Carolina- The Tarheels have 18 starters back from an 8-4 team and they will light up the score board with Sam Howell behind center. They averaged 42 points last year and will be a force in the ACC and recruited well at #14 overall. The defense which slipped last year and allowed 29 points per game has 8 starters back and if they can find a way to be more consistent and not allow the big plays they will be a top level ACC Team. Key Stat: North Carolina is 0-6 to the spread as a non conference dog of 11 or less points. Check line on October 30th when they travel to Notre Dame.
- Oregon- The Ducks are off a shortened season where they went just 4-3. However they have 16 starters back and several players on the 2019 12-2 team. Oregon has a huge recruiting season ranked #6 overall. Senior Qb Anthony Brown has a plethora of weapons with him and he looked good in limited action. This team will run the ball all day. Expect a major improvement on defense which slipped from 17 to 28 points per game allowed last year. The Ducks are a Major Player in the PAC 12. Key Stat: Oregon has failed to cover 5 of 5 as a non conference dog of 4 or more. They will be in this situation on September 11th at Ohio St.
- Wisconsin- The Badgers went 4-3 last season and the Pandemic and injuries really hurt this team last year. They have a #16 ranked recruiting class and return a ton of talent with 17 starters back. We look for them to get back to their running ways and can sling it too with Qb Graham Mertz at the helm. The defense remained solid allowing just 17 points per game for a second straight season. Look for a big year in Madison. Key Stat: The Badgers have covered 8 straight as a dog off a non conference win. They may be in this situation on September 25th when they take on Notre Dame.
- Miami Florida- The Canes are loaded for Manny Diaz whose team improved from 6 to 8 wins last year. They have the #11 recruiting class and have 19 starters back. They have a tough schedule this year with the likes of Alabama and Michigan St on the schedule with a tough AC Schedule. However they should be right there in the ACC Coastal division. Key Stat: The Canes have failed to cover 6 of 7 in the 2nd of back to back home games. This situation arrives on September 18th against Michigan St.
- Iowa- The Hawkeyes have a top 25 recruiting class and reeled off 6 straight wins in the short Season to finish up at 6-2. Iowa will be solid on both sides of the ball once again. They have a decent schedule and should be a force in the Big 10 West Division. Key Stat: The Badgers have covered 9 of 10 as a dog of less than 9 in the 2nd of back to back road games. Check the line on November 6th as Iowa travels to Northwestern
In closing we hope you enjoyed the Analysis and will be with us for another superb season in college football. Rob is the Only 2 time overall seasonal leader in combined football. Be sure to check his page daily for free selections and analysis in all major sports as he continues to use the most powerful and cutting edge data in the industry. Best of luck and enjoy this upcoming season, Rob Vinciletti- 10StarPicks.com