Sports betting markets never sleep. If you’re going to be a bookie, you need to ensure that you offer a large betting selection from sport leagues around the world to compete in this industry.
Some bookies are successful focusing on a single sport, such as the NFL/CFB. However, bookies risk losing their players during the off-season and you may never see them next football season.
The benefit of offering betting markets from sports around the world is that you’ll have the chance to make more money around the clock. What other business can you make money 24/7?
How to Offer More Betting Markets
The best way to offer the most betting markets is by joining a PPH service. PPH shops have full-time oddsmakers working around the clock to ensure all of their markets are priced appropriately.
There’s no way you’d be able to post and then update odds. As you likely know, odds can move fast and you need to have your odds update automatically or else you could be hit with a lot of action.
Even if you don’t have any experience at all with certain sports, you should still provide the option for your players. You don’t need experience, as the PPH shop posts and updates the odds.
Let’s say you only have local clients in the USA and they only want to bet on the NFL. Another one of the benefits of joining a PPH service is that your players can join your betting website.
Your players will be able to bet 24/7 on their computer or mobile device. The last thing you want to do is be accepting wagers at midnight on a Friday because your clients want to place a bet.
With technology and automation, sports wagering happens 24/7. If you can’t compete, you’re going to lose business and eventually have to close shop if you don’t get with the times.
If you’re a new bookie that’s just opening up shop, make sure you utilize technology. It isn’t going to cost a lot and you’ll be able to compete with the other offshore bookmakers.
Benefits to Offering More Betting Markets
- More Revenue: It’s unlikely your clients are going to be sharp bettors. By offering a variety of international leagues to bet on, there’s an increased chance your players will bet on games that they have no clue about just because it’s on TV or because they’ve been drinking.
- More Marketing Opportunities: By offering sports to bet on from around the world, you’ll be able to cater to international bettors. You’ll be able to market more easily online because you’re going to be able to compete with the other offshore bookies offering these markets.
At the end of the day, there’s no reason not to offer as many betting markets as possible. If you find you’re taking on sharp action, you can restrict those players or lower the limits on certain markets.
Sports bettors expect to be able to bet whenever they want. If you’re unable to offer that to them, there’s a good chance that those players will find a competitor that can.
Are you interested in Pay Per Head?
- Real Bookies Offers Experience You Can Bank On
- 3 Ways to Take Your Bookie Business to The Next Level
- How Real Bookies Stacks Up Against the Competition
- Build Your Pay Per Head Bookie Business for Maximum Profits
- Building the Right Customer Base With Real Bookies